Q.11. Write down any three essentials of a successful MBO programmer.
Ans. The three essentials of a successful MBO programmer are:
1. People concerned with the installation and use of MBO programmer must be provided systematic training in the concept and philosophy of MBO.
2. The organizational culture and environment must be conducive to MBO.
3. The time element in setting and achieving objectives should be well predefined.
Q.12. Write any two limitations of MBO.
Ans. The two limitations of MBO are:
1. The main emphasis of the MBO technique is on setting objectives. The setting of objectives is not
a simple thing. It requires a lot of information arriving at the conclusion.
2. There is a danger of rigidity in MBO technique.
Q.13. Classify various types of strategies.
Ans. Various types of strategies are as follows:
1. Master strategy,
2. Derivative strategy,
Q.14. What are the objectives?
3. Minor strategy,
Q.14. What are the Objectives?
Ans. Objectives are goals, aims or purposes that organization wish to achieve over a varying period of time
Q.15. Write any three characteristics of objectives.
Ans. The three characteristics of objectives are:
1. The objectives must be predetermined.
2. Objectives produce a clear direction for managerial efforts.
3. Objectives must be measurable.
Q.16. What are the two advantages of good procedures?
Ans. The two advantages of good procedures are as follows:
1. The procedure helps to ensure a high level of performance in the organization.
2. Much thinking and collective wisdom is involved in the formulation of a procedure, as the best alternative.
Q.17. What do you understand by decision-making?
Ans. Decision-making is a typical form of planning. It involves choosing the best alternative among various alternatives in order to realize certain objectives.
Q.18. What are the four characteristics of decision-making?
Ans. The four characteristics of decision-making are as follows:
1. It is an intellectual activity.
2. It is a process of selection.
3. It is an element of commitment.
4. Its decision is always result-oriented.
Q.19. Write the three elements of decision-making.
Ans. The three elements of decision-making are:
1. Concept of a good decision.
2. Timing of decision.
3. Communication of decision.
Q.20. what are the four types of managerial decisions?
Ans. The four types of managerial decisions are:
1. Organizational and personal decisions.
2. Routine and strategic decisions.
3. Programmed and non-programmed decisions.
4. Policy and operative decisions.