Q.10. What is the procedure for doing page set-up and takin (2011-12)
Ans. Procedure for Page Set-up: MS-word has several options to change the presentation and style of the text, such as to put the text as bold, italic or underlined, changing the font and colour of text, etc. The paging of text allows to control the options of presentation of the document, such as to change the margins, size and orientation of the paper.
1. Click on File menu.
2. Select page set-up option and click on the Margins lab.
3. Under Margins Tab, set the top, bottom, left, right and gutter position.
4. Now, click on the Paper Tab.
5. Click the paper size (Letter, legal or A4).
6. Click on the Layout Tab to set the margins for Headers, Footers, etc.
Saving, Previewing and Printing Document in MS-Word
To Save the Document (Shortcut): Click the Save button (looks like a floppy disk) on the toolbar. It saves your document frequently while editing to prevent losing any entries you make
1. Click on File.
2. Click on Save as.
3. Check that drive and directory where file will be saved are correct.
4. Type in name for your file in the file name box.
5. Click on Ok.
To View the Current Document as it Appears when Printed
1. Click the Print Preview button.
2. Use the ‘Magnifying glass’, the scroll bars and the page arrows to view the document.
3. Click on the Close button to return to editing.
To Print without Previewing
Click the Print button.
To Print Specific Pages or Sections of your Document
Select file menu, then print. Then type the page or section information within the print range
area of the print selection box.
To Close a File
1. Click on File.
2. Click on Close.
3. Save your file if necessary before closing.
Q.11. Explain the following in reference to MS-Word:
1. Alignment or justified alignment.
2. Table auto format.(2006-07, 12-13)
Ans. 1. Alignment: Alignment text makes a document attractive and professional. To change the alignment select the alignment from the list of the alignment labelled, alignment on the paragraph box. This alignment can be changed without taking so many steps directly by using the buttons on format toolbar.
Justified text, has alignment from both the left and right margin or with any paragraph indents Word can’t justify a paragraph containing a single line or the last line of a paragraph. It can be justified either manually or by making justification of a property of the style applied to the text.
(a) To justify the text, select the text.
(b) On the Format menu, click paragraph.
(c) On the Indents and Spacing tab in the Alignment box, select justified.
2. Table Auto Format: It is another feature applied to table or box. The selected part of table can adjust the automatic format. Just as alignment is applied to text in a document, table auto format option adjusts the text present in boxes of the table by itself. This makes the document look better as in justified aligned text.(2005-06)
Use Of Ms Office Word MBA 1st Year Semester Short Questions Answers Notes
Q.12. What do you understand by Microsoft Excel? Give its features.
Or Discuss the salient features and utilities of MS-Excel.(2007-08)
Or Write short note on MS-Excel.(2010-11, 15-16)
Ans. Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program that runs on windows environment. It has been developed keeping in mind the problems associated with accounting, such as calculations
involving large figures, recalculating the figures once missed out, rearranging the figures and then doing calculations again and so . on. MS-Excel provides the following basic features and utilities order to solve different accounting problems:
1. Calculation: All the figures or values are entered through input. keyboard. All you have to do is just highlight the figures which have to be calculated and then write the formula for calculating them. Microsoft Excel automatically calculates the result.
2. Re-calculation: When you add a figure or delete or modify a particular group of figures, Microsoft Excel re-calculates and changes the result automatically.
3. Repeat Information: You can copy a text, a value or a formula to a different place in the worksheet.
4. Reserve Changes: The undo feature in Microsoft Excel enables you to restore data that you have just deleted, moved or copied back to its original form.
5. Add Display Enhancements: You can also present a report in a decent display. In other words, showing a dollar sign, or percentage before a number, or aligning text to left, right or centre and so on.
6. Copy and Reuse your Worksheet: You can make a copy of a worksheet and make changes to the copy to create a second worksheet. For example, you can use the format of a payroll worksheet for the month of February to another worksheet for the month of March. Enter the new data in the worksheet and you have a new worksheet for the month of March, without much efforts.
Thus. MS-Excel is easily customisable. It provides a very reliable environment and assists the user in several ways. When Excel starts, a worksheet opens automatically. The major elements of the Excel screens are menus, toolbars, worksheet and status bar.
Q.13. How can you perform the following in MS-Excel?
1. Rename a worksheet.
2. Add the values of two cells.
3. Print a document.(2006-07)
4. Save the current workbook as other workbook.
Ans. 1. Rename a Worksheet: Go to File option in standard menu in MS-Excel and choose Save As, option. This will help in renaming the worksheet by providing a different name to it.
2. Add the Values of Two Cells: By the formula used for addition of both cells in formula bar like as A=A1 + A2 where Aq and Ay are the two cells addresses whose value will go to A address.
2. Note: Wizard is a special feature in most Microsoft products. A wizard displays a series of dial boxes that ask you to design and content questions. You select questions and type text when you done, the wizard creates something in this case, a presentation according to your instructions.
3. Designed Template: Allows you to establish the background and colour scheme from the available templates prior to beginning work in the new presentation. Templates choices are generall easier to make after you have opened the new presentation because you can better see the characteristim of each template before making a selection.
4. Blank Presentation: Opens a new presentation with no template.
Open on Existing Presentation: Displays a list of recently opened PowerPoint presentation from which you can choose or you may choose more files to move to the location of a previously saved presentation file and open it.
Auto Layout: After you have opened a new presentation, PowerPoint displays the new slide dialog box containing several auto layout.
Auto layout provides consistencies throughout the presentation. Each layout depicted is described in the lower right corner when you click the layout.
Creating a Presentation Using Auto Content Wizard
1. Select the Auto Content Wizard option and click Ok.
2. Click on Next button to display a Window from which you can select a presentation type to suite the needs.
3. Choose presentation, informal meetings, handouts.
4. Select on-screen presentation as output and no, if you do not want to print handout.
5. Enter the presentation name and click Next.
6. Click Finish to view your documents.
7. Use scroll bar to move to other slides.
8. When Finish, click Save in File menu.
9. Name your presentation and click Save.
10. Click Slide Show button to show your slide.