Q.20. How an existing workbook can be opened in MS-Excel?
Ans. You may open the workbook that was created some hours for days or months of years MS-Excel. For it, follow one of these methods:
Method 1: Select the “Open’ option from the ‘File menu.
Method 2: Click on ‘Open’ button on the ‘Standard toolbar.
Method 3: Press the Ctrl + O or Ctrl + F12 shortcut key
An ‘Open dialog box will appear. In it, select the filename in the ‘Look in list box, and press the “Open’ button. The selected file’s contents will be opened in the MS Excel application window. Now, it you want to do some changes in it or print it, you can do.
Q.21. What are the different layouts of a workbook?
Ans. You can view your workbook in two different layouts. These are:
1. Normal: Normal view is the default view for most tasks in MS-Excel, such as entering data, filtering, charting and formatting.
2. Page Break Preview: This is an editing view, which displays your worksheet, as it will print. In this view, you can move page breaks by dragging them left, right, up or down. MS-Excel automatically scales the worksheet to fit the columns and rows to the page.
Q.22. Give the steps for creating a file in MS-Excel.
Ans. The steps for creating a file in MS-Excel are:
Method 1: For opening a new blank workbook, click on ‘New’ option from the ‘File’ menu. A ‘New dialog box will appear. In this dialog box, in the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Workbook icon and click on ‘OK button.
Method 2: Select the ‘New’ button from the ‘Standard’ toolbar.
Method 3: Press Ctrl + N shortcut key.
Q.23. Write the steps for copying data by dragging in MS-Excel.
Ans. The steps for copying data by dragging in MS-Excel are:
1. Select the cell (or range of cells), to be copied from.
2. Place the mouse pointer on the border of the selected cell (or range). The mouse pointer will turn into an arrow.
3. Now, hold down the mouse button and “Ctrl key. Notice that mouse pointer changes to an arrow along with a plus sign. Start dragging the mouse pointer to the upper left cell of the target area.
4. Now, release the mouse button and ‘Ctrl key. The source cell (or range) will be copied onto the target location.
Q.24. Write the steps for moving data by dragging In MS-Excel.
Ans. The steps for moving data by dragging in MS-Excel are given below:
1. Select the cell (or range of cells), to be moved from
2. Place the mouse pointer on the border of the selected cell (or range). The mouse pointer wih turn into an arrow.
3. Now hold down the mouse button. Start dragging the mouse pointer to the upper-left cell of the target area.
4. Now release the mouse button. The source cell (or range) will be moved onto the target location.
Q.25. How can you name the worksheets In MS-Excel?
Ans. The default name of the worksheets are set by MS-Excel, such as Sheet 1, Sheet 2. etc. You may be interested to name these worksheets according to the type of data stored in it. To name a worksheet follow these steps:
1. Double-click the desired sheet tab. Cursor will be appeared in that tab.
2. Now, type the new name for it.
3. Press the ‘Enter’ key to confirm the setting.
Or, you may press the ‘Esc’ key to cancel the setting.
Q.26. How can you remove a worksheet from a workbook In MS-Excel?
Ans. If there is a worksheet that is not useful, then you may remove it from the workbook. For removing the worksheet, follow these steps:
1. Click on that sheet’s tab to select it.
2. Now, click on the ‘Delete Sheet’ option in the ‘Edit’ menu. A message box will appear.
3. Click on ‘Ok’ button to delete the worksheet permanently or click on “Cancel button to cancel
Q.27. How can we switch between applications in Windows operating system?
Ans. We can quickly switch between running applications by using taskbar buttons. Taskbar buttons represent open folders or programs and are located on the taskbar. For it, just click the taskbar button that corresponds to the program you want to switch to.
We can also switch to the previous open program or document by pressing Alt + Tab, shortcut key or we can cycle through open windows by holding down Alt and repeatedly pressing Tab.