BEd 2nd Year Educational Excursion Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Educational Excursion Study Material Notes: a2znotes.com presents Study Material Long Question Answers based on the Latest BEd syllabus for Educational Excursion of Pedagogy of Social Science. Long Question Answers are one of the major scoring ways as far as the BEd Pedagogy of Social Science Exam is concerned.
Here in this post, we are Long Questions and Answers for the Definition, Meaning, and importance of Educational Excursion, Characteristics of Educational Excursion, Use of Field Trips in Teaching Learning, Importance of Educational Excursion, Advantages of Field Trips, Limitations of Field Trips. If you are preparing for BEd 2nd Year Pedagogy Social Science Examination, this can help you a lot with preparation. At a2znotes.com you can find all the study material, notes, question answers, and sample model practice papers in a single place.
Related Posts to see:-
Bed 2nd Year Education and Knowledge Study Notes
BEd 2nd Year Information and Communication Technology Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Strength and Uses of ICT Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Meaning of Curriculum Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Factors Influencing Curriculum Development Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Principles of Hidden Curriculum Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Meaning of Text-Book Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Concentric and Spiral Approaches Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Unit Approach Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Chronological Approach Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Meaning of Teacher Study Material Notes
View all Bed Notes ➜ <Click here>
Meaning and Definition of Educational Excursion
The term ‘school excursion’ has been defined by Henry Johnson comprehensively.
The school excursion as developed by Rein was prized for the reality that it imparted to geography, nature study, history, and other social and physical subjects. It was also prized for the open air exercise which is brought for initiative and freedom. It made possible, the opportunity and created school training. (BEd 2nd Year Educational Excursion Study Material Notes)
This technique is very effective for school programs. It can also be employed for developing teaching competency for in-service teacher training. They get an opportunity for visiting other professional institutions observing the functioning of technical instituţions.
Characteristics of Educational Excursion
The following are the main characteristics of this technique of teaching:
(i) It provides the real experiences and perception of learning.
(ii) It is a psychological technique that involves more senses in learning situations.
(iii) It makes history, geography, and other subjects more interesting and realistic.
(iv) It provides freedom in learning or self-learning outside the classroom.
(v) It provides first-hand information or knowledge about the teaching content and objects.
(vi) It provides real experiences which are easily comprehended and retained for a longer time.
(vii) It reduces the scope of rote memory and memorizes the social studies content.
The field trips in teaching-learning
The field trips should be organized in such a way that the objectives of teaching-learning can be achieved. It should function as an effective technique for providing learning experiences or real experiences outside the classroom. These should be planned and organized for achieving specific learning objectives. (BEd 2nd Year Educational Excursion Study Material Notes)
The following five steps should be employed for organizing an effective field trip.
(1) To prepare and motivate students for a field trip.
(2) To organize field trips systematically.
(3) Follow-up program should be used.
(4) To test the students for which field trip will be organized.
(5) To review the learning outcomes of the students.
- Prepare Students for the Field Trip. It is the job of the charge and subject teacher to create curiosity for seeing the place which will provide real experience and perception. The students should be well informed with help of maps, charts, pictures, films, etc. They should be provided a guide sheet for the educational excursion.
- Conduct of Field Trip. The in charge has to prepare a guide sheet for the organization of the field trip. It shows the schedule for visiting places, objects, etc. It should be related to their study subject.
- Follow-up of Field Trip. After conducting a field trip, a follow-up program should be organized to make use of guide sheets as completed by the students, which will enable them to provide full awareness about the visited places. The guide sheet should be completed by each and every student as a report of the field trip. The in-charge should organize group discussions and highlight the points which may be given in the examination. (BEd 2nd Year Educational Excursion Study Material Notes)
- Testing Students. This step is most important to make field trips much more useful for the students learning. Generally, students consider the field trip a means, of recreation. It should have specific objectives.
There should be evaluated by administering tests. They should be informed that there will be a test after the field trip, then they will be attentive and serious about their observations and they will note them down simultaneously.
It will provide feedback to the subject teacher and the students. Technical terms should be explained by the charge and subject teacher. (BEd 2nd Year Educational Excursion Study Material Notes)
- Review of Learning Experiences. It is group controlled instruction technique of teaching. It can also be termed self-learning or open training. The student’s assessment technique. The students are provided programs to work up to their satisfaction. It is a highly individualized technique of teaching-learning. (BEd 2nd Year Educational Excursion Study Material Notes)
Importance of Educational Excursion
The field trip technique has the following importance:
(i) It makes teaching interesting, especially history and geography.
(ii) It provides real experiences through perception.
(iii) It develops faith in natural scenes and human works as dams.
(iv) It develops insight and imagination by perceiving historical buildings.
(v) It develops cognitive and affective aspects of the students.
(vi) It develops the ability of observation and imagination and a feeling of appreciation.
Advantages of Field Trips
Summing up the advantages of field trips as an aid, said Heidgerken
(i) They furnish first-hand information to supplement and enrich classroom instruction. For example, when the topic on “Local Government studies, a visit to a Town Hall or a Village Panchayat Ghar will be very useful.
(ii) They correlate the blend of school life with the outside world, providing direct touch with persons and with community situations.
(iii) They create situations that help to develop observation and keenness Field trips also offer an opportunity to apply that which has been taught and to verify what has been learned. (BEd 2nd Year Educational Excursion Study Material Notes)
(iv) They provide actual source-material for study.
(v) They arouse interest and vitalize instruction thereby providing motivation.
Limitations of Field Trips
It has the following limitations:
(i) It is a costly technique of teaching-learning from time, money, and energy points of view.
(ii) Most students think it is a source of recreation.
(iii) It cannot be used for all the topics of geography and history.
(iv) The poor students can not participate in these field trips.