BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes: a2znotes.com presents Study Material Long Question Answers based on the Latest BEd syllabus for Factors In of Pedagogy of Social Science. Long Question Answers are one of the major scoring ways as far as the BEd Pedagogy of Social Science Exam is concerned.
Here in this post, we are Long Questions and Answers for the Definition, Meaning, and importance of Principles of Curriculum Construction. If you are preparing for BEd 2nd Year Pedagogy Social Science Examination, this can help you a lot with preparation. At a2znotes.com you can find all the study material, notes, question answers, and sample model practice papers in a single place.
Related Posts to see:-
Bed 2nd Year Education and Knowledge Study Notes
BEd 2nd Year Socialised Recitation Method Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Supervised Study Method Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Dramatization Method Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Regional Method of Teaching Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Social Interaction Teaching Models Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Micro-Teaching Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Lesson-Plan Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Audio-Visual Aids Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Information and Communication Technology Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Strength and Uses of ICT Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Meaning of Curriculum Study Material Notes
BEd 2nd Year Factors Influencing Curriculum Development Study Material Notes
View all Bed Notes ➜ <Click here>
Principles of Curriculum Construction
At the time of the construction of the social science curriculum at di levels mainly the following principles should be kept in mind:
(1) Principle of Utility.
(2) Principle of Flexibility
(3) Principle of Activity
(4) Principle of Creativity
(5) Principle of Correlation and Integration
(6) Principle of Preparatory Value
(7) Principle of Based on Democratic Values
(8) Principle of Social Orientation
(9) Principle of Psychology
(10) Principle of Totality of Experience
(11) Principle of Relationship with Life
(12) Principle of Training for Leisure
(13) Criterion of Teacher’s views and Experiences
(14) Principle of the fulfillment of Higher Educational Needs
1. Principle of Utility. In the present materialistic age, the significance of any subject matter is less in its practical utility. The knowledge applicable in daily life is everybody’s necessity. In the construction science curriculum, we should include only those topics which particular grades in many ways. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
Firstly we should include o which are useful in our daily life, such as profit, loss, taxes, graphs, area, etc. secondly it is used in various vocations and in appreciating social science in the development of civilization in its various commerce, industry, engineering, social sciences, etc. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
2. Principle of Flexibility. Flexibility means that a child gets an education according to his interest, age and curriculum is child-centered, not subject-centered. Because the curriculum is for a child, not the child for the curriculum.
Hence, in keeping in mind the child’s interest the fixation on the social science curriculum should be done. Along this time the modification of the social science curriculum should be done to social needs and recent knowledge, trends, and useful topics in the curriculum from time to time. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
According to the Secondary Education Commission, “There should be enough elasticity in the curriculum to allow for individual differences and adaptation to individual needs and interests.”
3. Principle of Activity. The curriculum, of social science, should be actively-centered rather than theoretical or bookish. The structure of the content should be practical. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
By which pupils can achieve real knowledge and happiness while working. In this way, pupils become physically and mentally activated and easily understand the typical facts of social science.
According to T.P. Nunn, “The school should be thought of not a knowledge monger’s shop but a place where the young are disciplined in certain forms of activity.”
So, in curriculum, there should have some problems by which pupils get opportunities to remain active and on the basis of their own experiences they can easily study this subject. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
4. Principle of Creativity. At the time of construction of the social science curriculum, it should be kept in mind that what is the intellectual level of the pupils. Some pupils have creative tendencies, some are genius and active. They eve in the principle of ‘Learning by doing.’ The view of these children is heuristic or they discover the realness of things.
5. Principle of Correlation and Integration. It has been universality that a new piece of knowledge is not an isolated fragment. In some way, it is related to what is already there in the manifold structure of the mental content. Therefore, the knowledge is not to be imparted in isolated units but is placed through a well-integrated and interlinked process. Thus, the curriculum should be correlated and integrated with each other. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
6. Principle of Preparatory Value. In this principle, the content should include topics that prepare the child for university education and for life. There is only a small percentage of students. When going up to the university or most students, school is a terminal stage. Thus the requirements of the college course need not dominate the school curriculum. We should include the topics and materials which are useful for a wide variety of vocations. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
7. Principle Based on Democratic Values. Our country is democratic. At the time of construction of the curriculum following democratic values should be kept in mind:
(i) Respect for an individual,
(ii) Work on Group Basis,
(iii) To make a balance between work and duties,
(iv) Diagnoses the problems
(v) To give the value to new ideas, and
(vi) To give knowledge of social sensitivity.
8. Principle of Social Orientation. Keeping society in m science is a useful and important subject because the present objectives needs of society, leave their impression on curriculum. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
According to Alberty, “No conflict between society-centredness and child-centredness.”
9. Principle of Psychology. During the construction of the social science curriculum at different levels, one should keep in mind the mental level, inter needs, ability, age, etc. psychological facts of that level children. According to psychological principles, the curriculum should be child-centered, not subject-centered. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
10. Principle of Totality of Experiences. According to this principle. curriculum along with the principal subject which is taught in a traditional way, those experiences should be given a place which a child given by various activities.
According to the Secondary Education Commission Report, “Curriculum does not mean only the academic subjects but it includes the totality of experience”.
11. Principle of Relationship with Life. In curriculum there subjects with real life is important, then the child after taking entrance can achieve success on it. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
12. Principle of Training for Leisure. During the 10 curricula, it should include some activities by which a student can have leisure time. For this, students should be given some social science puzzles or problems to solve by which study work becomes entertaining pupils will utilize their leisure time. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
13. The criterion of Teacher’s Views and Experiences. The most important but unfortunately most neglected criterion for the subject matter is the teacher’s view. In the real sense, teacher curriculum. So, their, views and experiences must be given due to the construction of the curriculum. An experienced teacher knows students and the suitable content which should be taught to them.
But, mostly it happens that curriculum the significance of cha included in the curriculum selection is arbitrary rat representation curriculum is imposed on teachers and they are unaware of changes in the curriculum if any. Though few teachers are curriculum committee to represent the teacher’s side their selection is arbitrary rather than academically well equipped in the curriculum construction committee. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)
14. Principle of Fulfilment of Higher Educational needs. After primary classes, in the high primary stage, middle stage, and university any knowledge is required. So while making the curriculum a proper place should be given to all those facts, trends, laws, principles, etc. which are in the achievement of high knowledge and which are useful in a child’s future life.
On the basis of the above principles, we can say that the formation of a curriculum should be done by keeping in mind the child’s necessities, interests, capabilities, and individual differences. The curriculum along with the development of pupils’ personalities can also prepare them for future life. (BEd 2nd Year Principles of Curriculum Construction Study Material Notes)