MBA 1st Year Employment Communication Very Short Question Answers Notes Study Material Notes Sample Practice Papers Unit Wise Chapter wise Study notes Knowledge Boosters to illuminate the learning
VERY SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
Q.1. What do you mean by employment communication?
Ans. Employment communication is a mode of communication used for employees but specifically for accepting applicants for a job. It includes the application letter, follow up communication, interview and resumes.
Q.2. What are the factors considered while planning a CV?
Ans. The factors that are considered while planning a CV are:
1. Plan the size and structure of CV.
2. Plan the level of detail in CV.
3. Plan how formal/informal the CV is.
4. Plan the CV according to job purpose.
5. Plan the CV by setting out a path for content writing.
6. Plan the CV content based on the reader.
Q.3. What is group discussion?
Ans. A group refers to two or more persons who interact for a common purpose primarily through oral communication. Group discussions are often held for solving some problems, to take decision, to select candidate for higher studies and for other purposes. In a group discussion, the size of group is generally small consisting of eight to twelve persons. The members generally sit in a circle and discuss a given topic in group.
Q.4. What are the importances of group discussion? /
Ans. The importances of group discussion are as follows:
1. It helps to understand the subject more deeply.
2. It improves ability to think critically,
3. It helps in solving a particular problem.
4. It gives the chance to hear other person’s ideas.
5. It increases confidence in speaking and change the attitudes.
Q.5. What are the advantages of group discussion?
Ans. The advantages of group discussion are:
1. It enhances learning in both affective and cognitive domains.
2. It stimulates learners to think about issues and problems.
3. It encourages learners to exchange own experiences.
4. It fosters positive peer support and feelings of belonging,
5. It reinforces previous learning.
Q.6. What do you mean by Interview?
Ans. Interview means View between’ or ‘Right between’. It suggests a meeting between two persons for the purpose of getting a view of each other or for knowing each other. It is a means of two way communication with predetermined purpose.
Q.7. What are the objectives of interview?
Ans. The objectives of interview are:
1. Placement employment.
2. Evaluation and reason finding,
3. Information gathering.
4. Media broadcasting,
5. Admission and publicity.
Q.8. What are the advantages of interview?
Ans. The advantages of interview are as follows:
1. Means of securing detailed information.
2. Encourages inputs by interviewer.
3. Assists in availing supplementary information.
4. Incorporates the use of devices.
5. Cross checking of accuracy.
6. Flexible exercise.
Q.9. Give the concept of electronic communication.
Ans. Electronic communication is also called as a computer mediated communication. It means new ways to communicate. Electronic communication at workplace adds a powerful new channel that not only will change how you use this mix of options but it will create entirely 4new ways to interact.
Q.10. What is word processor ?
Ans. A word processor combines in it the characteristics of a computer and a typewriter and can greatly simplify the work of written communication.
Q.11. What do you mean by telex ?
Ans. The telex is the name given by the post office people to a teleprinter, whereby written message can be communicated from one place to another with the help of a machine.
Q.12. What is voicemail ?
Ans. Voicemail strictly speaking, is a form of e-mail only. Here, a message instead of being communicated in a written form, is sent in the form of voice of the caller.
Q.13. Define the term internet.
Ans. The internet may be defined as a global collection of computers linked together by telephone lines, radio links or satellite links. It has been introduced in India quite recently but being extremely versatile and fast, its popularity is increasing day by day.
Q.14. What is teleconferencing?
Ans. Teleconferencing allows people to meet and work collaboratively without having to be together in one room. They could be separated by an office, way or by thousand of kilometers that is immaterial
Q.15. What is fax-on-demand?
Ans. Fax-On-Demand or FOD is an automated fax retrieval system by which an organisation can receive requests for information and respond to those requests automatically, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, without ever touching the keyboard.
16. Define the term fax.
Ans. Fax means to send a similar copy of the original. Through fax, any document printed or write, grapns, charts, pictures, etc. can be sent from one place to another place in the form of a any with the help of telephone network. .
Q.7. Write down the three advantages of fax system.
Ans. The three advantages of fax system are:
1. The message can be sent easily and quickly with the help of this system.
2. In the absence of concerned persons, fax machine can adopt the message.
3. There is no possibility of making alteration in the message to be sent through fax system.
Q.18. What are the three advantages of e-mail?
Ans. The three advantages of e-mail are:
1. With the help of e-mail, messages can be sent to many person
2 E-mai we used to send message even when the receiver is not available on his computer.
3. Service of this powerful message system gives an immediate access to world wide
Q.19. What is telnet?
Ans. Through telnet one can log in on any computer connected with internet and work on it as if it is under your control. This is also known as Remote log In. It helps in downloading any new and useful information from one computer to another computer.
Q.20. Write down the four problems of using internet.
Ans. The four problems of using internet are:
1. Problem of language.
2. Busy lines.
3. Problem of hacking.
4. Misuse of credit cards.