MBA 1st Year Semester Mock Papers Practise Set 2 Section Wise Questions Sample Model Practise Papers Study Material Notes MBA 1st Year Mock Papers In over Site a2znotes.com 3 Mock papers for Self-assessment Unit-Wise Division Of The Content Solved Case Studies For Practise.
Time: 3 hours] [Total Marks: 100
Note: The question paper contains three section . Attempt all sections.
Note: Attempt all questions of the following:
1.(a) Differentiate between parameter and statistics.
(b) Distinguish between skewness and kurtosis.
(c) Define index number with suitable examples.
(d) Define price, quantity and value relatives.
(e) Differentiate between correlation and regression.
(f) Write short notes on the following:
(i) Partial correlation.
(ii) Multiple correlation.
(g) Write a short note on conditional probability.
(h) Write a note on techniques of association of the attributes.
(i) What is analysis of variance? Explain its testing procedure when data is classified according to two way.
(j) what is data? Give two emaples of primary and secondary data.
Note: Attempt any five questions from this section.
2. Write a detailed note on cost of living index numbers.
3. following is the distribution of marks of 50 students in a class.
|Marks (more than)||0||10||20||30||40||50|
|No. of students||50||46||40||20||10||3|
Calculate the median.
4. Below are given the figures of production (in thousand tones) of a fertilizer factory.
Fit a straight line trend by the method of least squares and estimate trend value for 2005.
5. Define probability distribution. Explain the salient features of Binomial, Poisson and Normal distribution.
6. Assume that factory has two machines Machine 1-and machine-2. Past records show that machine-1 Produces 30% of the items of output and machine-2 produces 70% of the items further, 5% of the items produced by the machine-1 were defective and only 1% of the items produced by macdhine-2 were defective. If a defective item is drawn at random, what is the probability that the defective item was produced by machine-1?
7. what is test of significance? Discuss its procedures.
8. Find Yule’s coefficient of association between literacy and unemployment from the following data: Illiterate unemployed = 220, Literate employed = 20, Illiterate employed = 180, total pass-out = 500.
9. Ten workers of a factory are selected at random. The number of units produced by them on a working day was as follows:
71, 72, 73, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80.
On the basis of the given data, is it reasonably correct to say that the mean number units produced by them is 78? (for u = 9, t0.05 = 2.262
Note: Attempt any two questions from this section.
10. (a) Compute the fisher’s index number for 2014 on the basis of 2009 with the following information:
(b) The average daily sales of 500 branch offices was Rs. 1,50,000 and the standard deviation Rs, 15,000. Assuming the distribution to be normal, indicate how many branches have sales between.
(i) Rs 1,20,000 and Rs 1,45,000?
(ii) Rs 1,40,000 and Rs 1,65,000?
(c) A drug is said to be useful for treatment of cold. In an experiment carried out on 160 persons suffering from cold, half of the persons were treated with the drug and rest of the half with sugar pills. The effect of treatment is described in the following table:
(For 2 d.f. the value of x2 is 5.99 at 5% level)