MBA Ist Semester Organizing and Staffing Study Notes Questions Answers 3 mock papers for self-assessment solved case studies for practice unit-wise content.
VERY SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
MBA Ist Semester Organizing and Staffing Study Notes Questions Answers Page.1
MBA Ist Semester Organizing and Staffing Study Notes Questions Answers Page.2
MBA Ist Semester Organizing and Staffing Study Notes Questions Answers Page.3
Q.1. What is organization?
Ans. The term ‘organization’ is used widely to mean a group of people, a structure of relational and a function of management. The organization is treated as a process and a managerial activity w is essential for planning and utilization of the company’s resources, plant and equipment materials, money and people to accomplish the various objectives.
Q.2. What are the characteristics of an organization?
Ans. The characteristics of an organization are:
1. Organizing is a basic function of management.
2. Organizing is always related to objectives.
3. It is a process.
4. The organization shows the structure of a relationship.
Q.3. Define the term organization, according to Mooney and Riley.
Ans. According to Mooney and Railey, ‘Organization in the form of every human association for the attainment of a common purpose. They visualize it as the process of relating specific duties or functions in a coordinated whole!
Q.4. Write down any four importances of an organization.
Ans. The four importances of an organization are:
1. It facilitates efficient management.
2. It provides optimum use of technology.
3. It ensures optimum use of human resources.
4. It helps in the growth of an enterprise.
Q.5. Write the four main principles of organisation.
Ans. The four main principles of organization are:
1. Unity of action.
2. Definition of jobs.
3. Unity of command.
4. Balance of various factors.
Q.6. What is the organization structure?
Ans. An organization structure shows the authority and responsibility relationship between various positions in the organization and clarifies who reports to whom. It is a set of planned relationships between groups of related functions and between physical factors and personnel requirements for the achievement of organizational goals.
Q.7. Write any two importance’s of organization structure.
Ans. The two importance’s of organization structure is as follows:
1. Organization structure lays down the pattern of communication and coordination in the enterprise.
2. A sound organization structure facilitates the growth of the enterprise by increasing its capacity to handle an increased level of activity.
Q.8. what are the various types of organizational structure?
Ans. The various types: Types of organizational structure are as follows:
1. Line organization.
2. Functional organization.
3. Line and staff organization.
Q.9. Write down any two advantages and disadvantages of line organization.
Ans. Advantages: These are as follows:
1. It is simple to establish and can be easily understood by the employee.
2. There is effective communication. The chain of command goes from top to bottom. Disadvantages: These are as follows:
1. There is a lack of managerial specialization.
2. There is a lack of coordination among various departments,
Q.10. Mention the five steps in the process of designing an organization structure.
Ans. The five steps in the process of designing an organization structure are:
Step I: Determining activities.
Step II: Grouping of activities.
Step III: Assigning duties.
Step IV: Delegating authority.How
Step V: Coordinating activities.
Q.11. What do you understand by an informal organization?
Ans. Informal organization refers to the relationship between people in an organization based on personal attitude, emotions, prejudices, likes and dislikes, etc. These relations are not developed according to procedure and regulation laid down in the formal organization. These groups are not preplanned but they are developed automatically within an organization.
Q.12. Write down any three characteristics of an informal organization.
Ans. The three characteristics of informal organization are as follows:
1. Informal relations are unplanned. They arise spontaneously.
2. Formation of informal organization is a natural process.
3. The membership of the informal organization is voluntary.
Q.13. what is functional organization?
Ans. Functional authority occupies a mid-way position between line and staff authority. It is a means of putting the specialist in top positions throughout the enterprise. It confers upon the holder of a functional position a limited power of command over the people of various departments concerning his function. Under functional organization, various activities of enterprise are classified according to certain functions like production, marketing, finance, etc. and are put under the charge of functional specialists.
Q.14. What are the main advantages of functional organization?
Ans. The main advantages of functional organization are:
1. It helps in specialization of work.
2. It helps in executive development.
3. It reduces work load.
4. It keeps better control and supervision.
5. It offers great scope for expansion than line organization.
Q.15. Write down the disadvantages of line and staff organization.
Ans. The disadvantages of line and staff organization are:
1. Diniculty in coordination between line and staff executives.
2. Lack of accountability of staff officials.
3. Conflicts among the line and staff executives.