MBA Ist Semester Planning Study Material Notes Questions Answers 3 mock papers for self-assessment Unit-wise division of the content
VERY SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
MBA Ist Semester Planning Study Material Notes Questions Answers | Index
MBA Ist Semester Planning Study Material Notes Questions Answers Page.1
MBA Ist Semester Planning Study Material Notes Questions Answers Page.2
Q.1. Define the term planning.
Ans. Planning is a primary function of every manager. The effective performance of other managerial function depends upon the effectiveness of planning, Planning function is performed by all managers working at various levels in the organization.
Q.2. Write down any four Importances of planning.
Ans. The four importance’s of planning are:
1. It focuses on objectives. 2. It reduces uncertainties. 3. It helps in decision-making.4. It improves coordination.
Q.3. Write any three limitations of planning.
Ans. The three limitations of planning are as follows:
1. It is an expensive process. 2. It is a time-consuming process.
3. It lacks the availability of data.
Q.4. Discuss the five steps which are involved in the planning process.
Ans. The five steps involved in planning process are: 1. reviewing key factor.
2. Developing alternatives.
4. Selecting the best course of action. 3. Evaluation of alternatives,
5. Formulation of derivative plans.
Q.5. Mention any four main features of planning.
Ans. The four main features of planning are:
2. Planning is goal-oriented. 1. Planning is an intellectual activity.
4. Planning involves selection among alternatives. 3. Planning is a continuous process.
Q.6. Enlist different kinds of plans.
Ans. Different kinds of plans are as follows:
1. Corporate and functional plans. 2. Short-range and long-range plans,
3. Standing and single-use plans.
2.7. Define Management By Objective (MBO).
Ans. The system of management by objectives can be described as a process whereby the superior and subordinate managers of an organization jointly identify its common goal, define each individual’s major areas of responsibility in terms of result expected of him and use these measures as guide for operating the unit and assessing the contribution of each of its members.
Q.8. Define MBO according to Koontz and O’Donnell.
Ans. According to Koontz and O’Donnell, ‘MBO is a comprehensive managerial system integrates many key managerial activities in a systematic manner, consciously directed towards effective and efficient organizational objectives.
Q.9. What are the two features of MBO?
Ans. The two features of MBO are as follows:
1. MBO recognizes the fact that the goal setting and achievement process is a cooperative and participation Endeavour.
2. MBO places emphasis not nearly on goal, but on effective performance and tangible resul also.
Q.10. Mention the four main steps in the process of MBO.
Ans. The four main steps in the process of MBO are as follows:
Step 1: Formulating organizational objectives.
Step II: Setting up subordinate goals.
Step Ill: Periodic meeting,
Step IV: Performance appraisal.